You want to buy some clothes in an English city. Write an email to your English friend, George.
In your email,
– Ask George where to buy cheap clothes
– Ask George how to get there
– Ask what time the stores stay open.
Write 25 words or more.
Write a story. The title must be “My Nightmare Day”
Write 100-120 words
You must answer this question. Write your answer in 140-190 words in an appropriate style on the separate answer sheet.
1. In your English class, you have been talking about buying a house. Now, your English teacher has asked you to write an essay.
Write an essay using all your notes and giving reasons for your point of view.
Some young people find it hard to buy their first house or flat. Do you agree?
2. Property prices
3. ……………. (your own idea)
You must answer this question. Write your answer in 220-260 words in an appropriate style on the separate answer sheet.
1. You attended a local council meeting where proposals to reduce town centre traffic were discussed. You have made the notes below:
What policies can we follow to reduce traffic in the town centre?
- cycle paths
- public transport
Some opinions expressed during the meeting:
“Cycling everywhere isn’t realistic – what about large families?”
“Fines mean the rich will continue driving.”
“Nobody uses the existing buses and trams!”
Write an essay, discussing two of the policies in your notes. You should explain which policy would help reduce congestion most, giving reasons in support of your answer.
You may, if you wish, make use of the opinions expressed in the meeting, but you should use your own words as far as possible.