Discussion Education – Decide your point of view and make notes to defend why
- Performance enhancing drugs should be allowed at schools.
- All students should be required to take cooking class.
- Volunteering in the community should be a school requirement.
- Teachers should be replaced by computers.
- Children should not be allowed access to the internet during school.
Use the expressions to respond.
Giving your opinion
To my mind, … As far as I am concerned, … Personally, …
From my point of view, … My view / opinion / belief / impression / conviction is that …
I hold the view that … I have no doubt that …
It goes without saying that …
I don’t think that’s quite right. I don’t agree with what you say.
I am afraid that is not quite true. I take a different view.
I don’t share his/her/your view. This argument does not hold water.
Not at all! Nonsense! Rubbish!
I (totally) agree with you / that… I couldn’t agree more.
I’d go along with that. I feel the same.
You’re absolutely right. Absolutely / Definitely / Exactly.
No doubt about it. That’s a good point. / I see your point.
I see where you’re coming from.
Asking for opinion
What do you think/reckon? Do you see what I’m getting at?
Do you know/see what I mean? Do you agree with me? Would you go along with that? Would you agree with me that …?
What are your thoughts on that? Don’t you think (that) …?